2) With RIGHT sides facing, stitch dress ruffles together at the short ends to create one long strip. Finish the raw edges of the seams then press open.
3) Finish the BOTTOM edge of the bustle panel and the TOP edge of the bustle ruffles (serge, overcast, or zigzag).
4) If you are doing the green version, hem the bustle and dress ruffles using a narrow or rolled hem.
5) Run a gathering stitch along the top edge of the bustle & dress ruffle.
5) Use a fabric marker to draw three lines across the bustle panel at each of the small circles. This is where you will sew the bustle ruffles to the bustle panel.
Note: I recommend using a disappearing fabric marker because you don’t have to wash the fabric to get rid of the ink since it disappears as it dries. Plus, if you need the line again once it is dry you can iron the fabric on a steam setting and the line will show up again as long as you haven’t washed it yet.
13) Run a gathering stitch along the neckline at 3/8″ between the small circles and gather the neckline. It should measure about 9″ once it is gathered.